Would like help diagnosong latecy issues

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just did some updates and maintenance to my Dell Lattitude 3590 laptop, which is my backup to my desktop and when done I was running Latency mon and it still has rather poor latency for a new latop with an SDD and 8th gen Icore 3 processor. I disabled CPU throttling but it still would be unsuitable for sending Audio over Ethernet or other such music playback so I am attaching a snip of what the program says could be issues this laptop is having.

Also I just updated to the newest win 10, 1909 and ran the support asst which had me download some new drivers and it optimised the system, and I manually ran the Defrag, (optimization tool).

Surprised in how much latency it has.

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 215
Reaction score
First thing i would try.
1. open control panel and uninstall all drivers for your Ethernet and Wifi. DELETE / Uninstall. close and reboot and let MS add recommended drivers as per your OS.
2. I would then disable or remove Dell Support Assist.... (I recommend this for all Clients) no matter what Manufacture they are using.
3. After Reboot and working, --> setting --> power & sleep --> advanced options --> set all to max on CPU usage and then test.

Reaction score
Do you experience problems sending audio over your network??
I have tried the Home version and according to that , I shouldn't be able to send anything over my net, however I can stream HD movies to my TV without buffering and my laptop is 13 years old (relic from the XP era)...
This proggy seems to show way worse results than they actually are from my perspective.....

Reaction score
I have tried the Home version and according to that , I shouldn't be able to send anything over my net, however I can stream HD movies to my TV without buffering and my laptop is 13 years old (relic from the XP era)...
This proggy seems to show way worse results than they actually are from my perspective.....
Streaming depends on Internet Speed, not the age of the computer. what is you HD - 1080 or 720 or 480 or VHS
    • 0.5 Mb/s to view standard definition movies on a laptop computer. While you can stream Netflix at speeds of 0.5 Mb/s, the quality is grainy on a large screen, much like watching an old VHS movie. Netflix recommends at least 1.5 Mb/s.
    • 3 Mb/s to view standard definition video (480p) on a TV.
    • 4 Mb/s to view high definition video (720p, 1080p).
    • 5 Mb/s or more for the best 1080p experience.
    • 15 Mb/s to stream 4K (but 25 Mb/s is preferred). Also recommended is a 4K Ultra TV with an HEVC decoder.

Reaction score
Streaming depends on Internet Speed, not the age of the computer. what is you HD - 1080 or 720 or 480 or VHS
    • 0.5 Mb/s to view standard definition movies on a laptop computer. While you can stream Netflix at speeds of 0.5 Mb/s, the quality is grainy on a large screen, much like watching an old VHS movie. Netflix recommends at least 1.5 Mb/s.
    • 15 Mb/s to stream 4K (but 25 Mb/s is preferred). Also recommended is a 4K Ultra TV with an HEVC decoder.

What you are writing is true. HD is defined as 720p whereas full HD is defined as 1080p (btw: 480 is not even close to HD and is defined as Standard definition in 4x3 format).

My download/upload speed is 50Mbps. It is sufficient for 4K content.

BTW: it never was about speed in this threat but all about latency. I just wanted to show that this program mentioned in the TO posting might not be what it looks like.

Reaction score
Not yet, but figured I would, Maybe not though....

Reaction score
Would only be audio, and via Ethernet, but excellent info though!

Reaction score
First thing i would try.
1. open control panel and uninstall all drivers for your Ethernet and Wifi. DELETE / Uninstall. close and reboot and let MS add recommended drivers as per your OS.
2. I would then disable or remove Dell Support Assist.... (I recommend this for all Clients) no matter what Manufacture they are using.
3. After Reboot and working, --> setting --> power & sleep --> advanced options --> set all to max on CPU usage and then test.
Wondering why you would suggest doing this, and these drivers in particular. I figured some one would have responded to help ID the offending DPC or ISR routines as that is what was stated as being the issue. Just wondering sir.

Ask a Question