Write Batch File to Control UAC

Reaction score
( do you want to allow this app to make changes to your pc ( yes ) ( no )).
It's really frustrating getting this message every time .
And we all know the pros and cons of disabling the UAC.
Wouldn't it be good if the Yes Box was automatically Clicked for you.
All we need is some type of Batch File that would specifically watch for that Message and Answer it for you.
Or maybe hidden deep within the registry it may be possible Tick the right Box to do it for us.
Looking for some Positive Answers.???

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That would be inviting a some kiddie to create a batch file for malicious purposes. I'm sure it's not easily possible.

Reaction score
( do you want to allow this app to make changes to your pc ( yes ) ( no )).
It's really frustrating getting this message every time .
And we all know the pros and cons of disabling the UAC.
Wouldn't it be good if the Yes Box was automatically Clicked for you.
All we need is some type of Batch File that would specifically watch for that Message and Answer it for you.
Or maybe hidden deep within the registry it may be possible Tick the right Box to do it for us.
Looking for some Positive Answers.???
A Wizard for that is what you want. You know, like the Wizards which now exist to install software without a bunch of responses on the part of the User. I can not tell you how to construct one for your purpose but it is entirely possible. Is that positive enough for you?

Reaction score
A Wizard for that is what you want. You know, like the Wizards which now exist to install software without a bunch of responses on the part of the User. I can not tell you how to construct one for your purpose but it is entirely possible. Is that positive enough for you?
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Reaction score
sparks79, good luck with finding a batch file for your needs. I have been searching for over two years for exactly the same batch procedure, unfortunately all in vain I am afraid. Anyone one capable of writing the required file will expect and ask an extortionate fee. Members of this site are all keen to help each other and often do so, but have limited know how in some cases as in this case on "batch files".

Reaction score
but have limited know how in some cases as in this case on "batch files".
In all fairness this request is not a batch files problem. It is more. Making changes in the security of an operating system, goes beyond even complex command-line scripting.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I certainly never believed in that a Batch file to close a file on one's computer, would breach Security measures unless it was solely writing to sabotage computer, in these modern times, nothing is impossible.
I will research further and only hope to find a solution, reading your reply note, will remain an impossibility.

Reaction score

User Account Control (UAC) is a fundamental component of Microsoft's overall security vision. UAC helps mitigate the impact of malware.

UAC process and interactions

Each app that requires the administrator access token must prompt for consent. The one exception is the relationship that exists between parent and child processes. Child processes inherit the user's access token from the parent process. Both the parent and child processes, however, must have the same integrity level. Windows 10 protects processes by marking their integrity levels. Integrity levels are measurements of trust. A "high" integrity application is one that performs tasks that modify system data, such as a disk partitioning application, while a "low" integrity application is one that performs tasks that could potentially compromise the operating system, such as a Web browser. Apps with lower integrity levels cannot modify data in applications with higher integrity levels. When a standard user attempts to run an app that requires an administrator access token, UAC requires that the user provide valid administrator credentials.

In order to better understand how this process happens, let's look at the Windows logon process.
The only way to make changes is to have administrator access. And if you give Command prompt administrator access. You are opening a security door through command-line interface. Otherwise any system changes will prompt for confirmation.

I personally turn UAC off. I find it too annoying and will deal with any and all reprocusions as they appear.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
shutup.bat - snuffys way every time MS changes i just click-click
---------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000001
"EnableInstallerDetection"=dword:00000001
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001
"EnableSecureUIAPaths"=dword:00000001
"EnableVirtualization"=dword:00000001
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000001
"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"scforceoption"=dword:00000000
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"FilterAdministratorToken"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI\Clipboard]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI\Clipboard\ExceptionFormats]
"CF_TEXT"=dword:00000001
"CF_BITMAP"=dword:00000002
"CF_OEMTEXT"=dword:00000007
"CF_DIB"=dword:00000008
"CF_PALETTE"=dword:00000009
"CF_UNICODETEXT"=dword:0000000d
"CF_DIBV5"=dword:00000011
-------------------------------------------

Ask a Question