Wrong language installed

Reaction score
I had an 8.1 English Windows, it crashed dealer here in Panama formatted everything and installed 8.1 in Spanish I figured I would install Windows 10 in English no problem, I picked the English 64bit install but low and behold it installed in Spanish anyway.

How can I correct this install and reset it to English.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Reaction score
I picked the English 64bit install

Please elaborate that sentence.
How did you "pick" the English 64-bit install ?
"pick" from where ?
And how did you install it ?

The ONLY way to completely change display Language is to get an English ISO file > burn it to a bootable media such as DVD or USB of at least 4 GB > then use the media to do a Clean Install.

But, Clean Install will require Windows 10 product key which has yet to be released and nobody has it.

There is such a thing as Installed Key, but I am not sure if it really works since I have not used it to verufy. So, I won't post it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is exactly what I did, I burned the English ISO file to a USB and I'm guessing it saw the old Spanish 8.1 and somehow installed the Spanish version, so doing the same thing again I would expect the same result?

Weird.....

I just checked the file I downloaded its called (MediaCreationToolx64) certainly looks like the right one and its on the Microsoft site
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want to have a Windows 10 completely in English, you will have to wait for retail stores start selling Win 10 software.

Meanwhile, you can add a language, English in this case, and set it as default.
There will still be Spanish here and there, but I assume you know Spanish enough not to be bothered by that.

left click at Start button > select Settings > select Time and Language > select Region & language > click Add a language > select English > you may need to wait for English to be installed > back to Country and region window, you will see Spanish ( Windows display language ) and English listed.
Left click at English > click Set as default > exit window .
Reboot.

Upon restart, your computer will have English in most cases.

Reaction score
In one of my Windows 10 laptops, I added Chinese Traditional and set it as default. Here is how it looks like in general........

File Explorer:
file explorer.jpg

Start Menu:

Start Menu.jpg

Reaction score
If you want to have a Windows 10 completely in English, you will have to wait for retail stores start selling Win 10 software.

Meanwhile, you can add a language, English in this case, and set it as default.
There will still be Spanish here and there, but I assume you know Spanish enough not to be bothered by that.

left click at Start button > select Settings > select Time and Language > select Region & language > click Add a language > select English > you may need to wait for English to be installed > back to Country and region window, you will see Spanish ( Windows display language ) and English listed.
Left click at English > click Set as default > exit window .
Reboot.

Upon restart, your computer will have English in most cases.
Thank you Davidhk129 guess this is what I will do. Appreciate your help.

Ask a Question