Yahoo calender and Edge

Reaction score
I have used Yahoo mail and Calendar for several years and when I moved up to W-10 I continued to use them with Edge and all went well. The string search facility in calendar was very handy. I would put strings (initials) in the event name and then search of that string to get a ;list of those events. A couple of weeks I tried to use this capability and nothing would be returned. I kept thinking that maybe this problem would be discovered and corrected. Well is still doesn't work. I tried using IE and to access my calendar and the function seems to work well in that environment. Have I missed something in my settings or is something I will not be able to do using EDGE?

Reaction score
Hi Jo,

I would try Firefox as I use Yahoo mail myself and find it runs better using FF!. ;)

Regedit32

Reaction score
It took Yahoo a while, but it is fully supported in the latest Edge build.

Your issue may be that you are not using the latest build.

See Yahoo's information page on supported browsers:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4556.html

If you are using the latest build then:
  • Right-click on Start and select Settings
  • Select Apps
  • Scroll down and left-click on Microsoft Edge
  • Left-click on Advanced options
  • Click on Repair or Reset

Reaction score
Hi Jo,

I would try Firefox as I use Yahoo mail myself and find it runs better using FF!. ;)
I tried Foxfire and it doesn't function correctly using the string search either. I also find the date to date function in the sidebar doesn't work with either Foxfire or EDGE.

Ask a Question