You Must Switch Your User Account to a Microsoft Account

Reaction score
Hi all I don't Understand I am Trying to Stream a Certain Local Radio Station through Windows Media Player I usually Radio Sure or Media Monkey But this Station has to Be WMP or Real-player so I went to WMP >Stream>Turn On Media Streaming and This is where I finished Up I Turned KasperSky and In " Firewall Settings" There is the "Red Check Mark" and I cannot turn anything ON or Off Can someone Help Me Please Cheers Dasha

Internet Home Media Access Windows
Media Player Stream Internet >Turn On Internet Streaming

Your User Account is not a Microsoft Account

You Must switch Your User Account to a Microsoft Account Before you can allow Internet Access to Your Home

Its also Blocked by KasperSky even though I have shut down KasperSky ??

Attachments

• Turn On Streaming Internet.jpg
    Turn On Streaming Internet.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 811

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dazzla,

Could you post a link to the stream you are trying to receive please? I'm sure there will be around this without needing to switch to a Microsoft Account or allow streaming from your PC (after all, you just want to receive a stream).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I couldn't find the stream link on that page - do you happen to have the URL to the stream itself and I'll see what I can do :).

Reaction score
Thanks IAN I am going to have to sort it first thing tomorrow Ian as I have a vistor a and we have been away Thanks Cobba I will return soon Dasha

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! I can't find a link to listen to 4GY specifically, however the 2SM network page you posted has a stream link that works in VLC media player:

http://144.140.228.109:8220/listen.pls

If you download VLC player from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en_GB.html (it's free) and then to Media > Open Stream, you can paste in the URL above and it'll stream it live :).

I'm not sure how radio in Aus works, so perhaps this stream isn't the one you wanted? I've had a good look for a 4GY specific stream, but can't find one.

Ask a Question