YouTube Downloader for Edge

Reaction score
In Firefox it was easy to load and download videos using the YouTube Downloader. Can't seem to find one for Edge. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Regedit32

Reaction score
So far as I am aware there is no official extension for Microsoft Edge when it comes to YouTube.

There is one extension you can get from the Store though which allows you to introduce Scripts which can be used to achieve your goal of downloading a video onto your computer or phone while using Microsoft Edge.

It's a little complicated for the novice user, but here is a webpage showing how and what to do.

http://www.howto-connect.com/download-youtube-video-microsoft-edge/

There are quite a few websites you can just past the URL of the YouTube video into, to download without the need for using an extension.

Just keep in mind a lot of content on YouTube is probably copyrighted, so don't do anything that will end up bringing yourself troubles with the law.

Reaction score
I get most of my music ( New Orleans and other early Jazz) by ripping just the sound from Youtube. The quality is often terrible but it doesn't matter in the car sound environment

Reaction score
Thank you, Regedit32 once again, for your help. Followed the instruction for installing Tampermonkey and everything went well.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Yes the above video help to understand what exactly we need to do. Thanks for sharing the link of this video here.

Reaction score
tried 4k video downloader. Didn't care to much for it. I did find a program called ClipGrab that downloads the music video and saves it onto my laptop. Then I only need to double click the file and the movie program in win 10 opens and plays it. Very simple and good quality videos

Reaction score
tried 4k video downloader. Didn't care to much for it. I did find a program called ClipGrab that downloads the music video and saves it onto my laptop. Then I only need to double click the file and the movie program in win 10 opens and plays it. Very simple and good quality videos
What format does the program save the files as?

Reaction score
MP4, MPEG4, MP3, WMV or you can select "Original Format" for best quality.

Ask a Question