AMD driver update

Reaction score
Tried that update (15.7) on my laptop and W10 stated that there was a compatiblity issue with my two Radeon HD 4XXX & HD 5XXX cards respectively. Used the older driver on the initial W10 upgrade now both do not work and am waiting on a workaround/patch deal.

Reaction score
15.7.1 was released for Windows 10, yesterday. But only for the 5xxx or better.

Reaction score
i wonder if the amd update will work on ati older cards. i have several older ati cards that are really good but thinking they may not be supported. tried to install windows 10 on an older asus desktop with a ati radeon x1300/x1500 pcie 512mb and after 1st reboot it said unable to support resolution mode and black monitor is all i have now. tried to restart in safe mode and was unable to do that. i believe i may be SOL on this card. works great in windows 7.

the poorguy

Reaction score
AMD and Nvidia stop supporting video cards after a certain period. They offer legacy drivers, but there's no guarantee they will work. I can tell you with my Dell Inspiron 1501 that not only do the drivers for the ati Xpress 1150 graphics not work with Windows 10, they don't work with Windows 8 either. Even worse, neither OS will even detect the onboard graphics. I was stuck with the basic vga driver which didn't support the screens native resolution.

Reaction score
hey BigFeet,
right now i would be happy with the basic vga driver at least then i might have been able to force a driver from vista/windows 7 maybe. now all i have is a black screen that says cannot support this resolution mode. i think i am going to sit back and wait 2 or 3 months and see if MS can get somethings going better. i am getting tired of having to either re install or try to fix busted update issues just don't want to give up these graphics cards as the work very well in windows 7. i really think that hardware manufactures don't want your existing hardware to work with new OS so that you will have to buy new.

the poorguy

Reaction score
I have the same system as BigFeet and first had the same problem with Windows 10. But it worked for me to install the Dell driver (for Vista 32-bit) for the ATI Xpress 1150 manually. So: First go to Dell Support and download the driver. Then extract it on your computer by double clicking on the downloaded executable. Then go to your device manager and update the driver of the graphic card manually.

Reaction score
as time goes by, they (talkin bout MS and AMD & Nvidia) have been working out gpu issues.

Reaction score
I have the same system as BigFeet and first had the same problem with Windows 10. But it worked for me to install the Dell driver (for Vista 32-bit) for the ATI Xpress 1150 manually. So: First go to Dell Support and download the driver. Then extract it on your computer by double clicking on the downloaded executable. Then go to your device manager and update the driver of the graphic card manually.

Thanks Tulipa for your suggestion. I had the same problem with my ATI video card, and indeed, the Vista driver for this card (from the Dell site) does the job perfectly!
In addition, I also had problems with my Canon Pixma MP540 printer with Windows 10.
And don't be surprised, I downloaded and installed the Vista driver for this printer from the Canon's website and it works perfect!!

Ask a Question