SOLVED BitDefender.exe error message

Reaction score
No idea what is going on. Briefly saw a message on shutdown to say that there had been an error in Bitdefender.exe. Didn't know it was running, is it part of Windows 10? Can't find bitdefender.exe on the drive.

Firefox has stopped responding, despite trying to download it again.

The icons on my task bar have disappeared. I got them back sometime ago by running explorer.exe, didn't work this time.

Tried to run SpyBot Search and Destroy but something stopped it in its tracks.

Any suggestions.

Reaction score
Try running malwarebytes. If you don't use bitdefender antivirus, you may have some kind of malware. Especially if something is not letting spybot run.

Another alternative is to download and run adwcleaner

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding, family emergency called me away from home.

I seem to have it sorted now. I saw something (somewhere) that an old version of spybot could cause problems and to try uninstalling it and then re-installing it. I did this, after checking regedit for any sign of bitdefender, I had to do it twice, but it seems to have worked. I hadn't used spybot in over a year, so I don't know what was up with it.

Also noticed that before I started the uninstall, the time was GMT not BST. Once I had installed spybot and run a couple of full scans, the date was BST again.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ask a Question