Blue screens while gaming (ntoskrnl.exe+142450)

Reaction score
Hey, I've been getting blue screens while playing games and couldn't find solution what excactly is causing them.

I updated my windows, runned Malwarebytes and used Driver Booster 3 to update all the drivers, but these things didn't fix the problem.

Here is my minidump, if someone would take a look and maybe find a solution for my problem. I'm not sure what information do you need, so please ask and I'll provide the information needed, thanks!

Attachments

• 030716-156187-01.zip
    326.2 KB · Views: 369

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
iaStorA.sys 11/19/2012 Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver probably needs updating.
Seems it's involved in a Driver Power State Failure
BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe001cbdb8060, ffffd000d7758990, ffffe001cceb18b0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys
IMAGE_NAME: iaStorA.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50aa9204
MODULE_NAME: iaStorA
FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8010ab10000 iaStorA
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_iaStorA.sys
BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_iaStorA.sys
ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x9f_3_power_down_image_iastora.sys

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I googled those drivers and went to Intel's website and downloaded driver file from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

The file contains these files: https://i.gyazo.com/c42446d006774b416dfd15bfc2794e43.png The .exe file doesn't do anything and I don't really know what to do with the .zip files.

After this I downloaded, from that same site, Setup.RST.zip -file. This gave me some software which had 2 options: uninstall and repair. I chose the repair option, but I'm not even sure what that thing did.

After that I downloaded Intel's own update software. This software is meant to detect which Intel softwares has new updates available, there were 2 updates, but neither of them were IRST.

So how excactly do I update these drivers or even check what version do I have now?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use your link and scroll the left column to
SetupRST.zip
Unzip that and run Setup.exe.
Keep in mind that you may need some other drivers as well and
Driver Booster is probably not going to be your friend.
I've yet to see one of these third party programs that does a very good job of actually acquiring the proper drivers. In fact sometimes they do more harm than good.
Personally, I'd uninstall it and go to the Computer Manufacturer's, Motherboard Manufacturer's or Specific Device Manufacturer's support websites and acquire the driver from there, IF Windows 10 was having a driver problem.
See what might be available, paying specific attention to BIOS, Chipset, Storage Controllers, etc., etc.
I noticed that evidently you upgrade carried over some older drivers as well which you should probably investigate.

ASMMAP64.sys 7/2/2009
atkwmiacpi64.sys 9/6/2011
AiCharger.sys 9/22/2011
kbfiltr.sys 8/1/2012
usb3Hub.sys 9/26/2012
XHCIPort.sys 9/26/2012
iaStorA.sys 11/19/2012
hiber_iaStorA.sys 11/19/2012
DptfManager.sys 12/17/2012
DptfDevDram.sys 12/17/2012
DptfDevGen.sys 12/17/2012
DptfDevFan.sys12/17/2012
AMPPAL.sys 5/21/2013
IntcDAud.sys 9/9/2014

Use Google and see what you can find regarding these drivers

Reaction score
I downloaded and run the SetupRST, updated couple of drivers which i found from Asus website. I also found information that Nvidia drivers + win10 have caused similar kind of issues, so I uninstalled all the Nvidia drivers and installed them again, but that didn't fix my problem either.However, now I got slightly different dump file, does this help to solve this any further or is this basically the same thing?

I also googled those what you listed, but what excactly I should look for regarding these? I find information such as: what they do, are they necessary etc. So should I find information about updating, deleting, repairing those or maybe something else?

Attachments

• 031016-159265-01.zip
    283.7 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The second dump file was practically identical to the first.
As best as I can determine from the information that I have there is apparently a BIOS update (which says very little as to what it addresses or potentially fixes) and an ATK Package update which likewise, may or may not help with your problem. You need to double check and confirm through the ASUS support website https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/K56CB/HelpDesk_Download/ perhaps even with an email and see if they recommend either of these two updates to address your current issue.
As far as a problem with your nVidia driver it looks like you are running the latest one available
nvlddmkm.sys 2/23/2016 and it is not being called out or otherwise referenced in either of the two dump files that you've attached, but.....
Because the machine is apparently a Laptop and laptop GPUs can be mildly proprietary and prefer to use the custom driver provided by the manufacturer you may also want to ask them about that in your email.
The latest driver they have on their support site would seem to be Version V9.18.13.2683 2013/10/28 which is pretty old.

Reaction score
I managed to solve my BSOD problem. Gaming didn't actually cause the blue screen, it just put my laptop to sleep mode and when I tried to start up my laptop again then the BSOD arrived.

I accidentally find this article when I searched solution for my really long start up and boot times. (about 10 minutes, after BSOD maybe 25 minutes) And there it was, problem that caused BSOD when coming back from sleep mode and really long boot times.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-asus-s56c-series-laptop/ This is what I did and now my laptop start up time is about 1 minute and no more blue screens

TL;DR I had failed iSSD module in my computer, after removing it, my laptop was fine.

Thanks anyway for your effort to try to solve my problem!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nice find. Thanks for the follow-up information.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question