SOLVED BSOD Every 30 Minutes or so / Reference by Pointer /

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciate
Was fun. Always enjoy a bit of stumbling around in the dark, baffled and befuddled being my default.

Reaction score
@ubuysa and @Trouble
I uninstalled Dell SupportAssist from the computer using Revo Uninstaller and that seemed to have worked. There were two versions of it and I removed both. It seems to have resolved the BSOD issue for now. Thanks again for all the help!
Good to hear, though frustrating that we don't know what the actual cause was. Perhaps having two version installed was the issue?

Reaction score
Good to hear, though frustrating that we don't know what the actual cause was. Perhaps having two version installed was the issue?
Having two versions might have been the issue, but I doubt it. One of the file sizes was bigger than the other and other people who had the Reference by Pointer BSOD with Dell computers also mentioned two versions were installed. I think the issue lies in the dddriver64dcsa.sys driver as some people suggested changing the extension from .sys to .bak. That seemed to have worked for them.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
One final comment.
I noticed while looking through your dump files that it appears you are still on version 19041 AKA 2004 / 20H1
AND
As best I can tell from these three resources it has reached End of Service December 14, 2021.

Not saying this contributed in any way to your issue.
Just thought I would call it to your attention in case you wanted to address it.
As you've missed the 20H2, 21H1 and now the 21H2 updates, you might want to grab the latest ISO from Microsoft, mount it and perform an upgrade so as to catch up.

Reaction score
As you've missed the 20H2, 21H1 and now the 21H2 updates, you might want to grab the latest ISO from Microsoft, mount it and perform an upgrade so as to catch up.
I believe my system was updated while I was troubleshooting the BSOD issue. It seems to be fully updated now, but thanks for reminding me to check.

Ask a Question