SOLVED Building recovery USB key

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

This is my first post here, also, English is not my first language, so please bear with me

I just finished a long installation of windows 10 and multiple softwares on my laptop

Of course, I would like to set up some kind of recovery, in case something went wrong, so I can recover all of the installation without having to install and set up each software individually, wich is a long process

I was wondering if it's possible to make a USB key with the whole disk image of my installation partition. preferably bootable, so I can "flash it" to my HD and recover the installation

My "C" partition contains currently 55 GB of data and I have a 64 GB usb key

is that possible ?
if not, what do you recommend to do to save my installation ?

Thanks a lot

Reaction score
I think I found a paid solution, it's called "acronis survival kit"
I don't know if there is a free software to do the same thing

Thanks anyway :)

Reaction score
The paid version of Macrium Reflect can do it as well. I don't know if the free version can...I'd guess not.

Reaction score
A survival kit is an option, however backup of a system is more a concept than a software although the software helps.
My own strategy is this:
Data backup on an external HDD at least every other day (I basically copy everything that I do not want to loose)
System backup (I use Acronis True Image but an older version) at least every other week, especially before Update Tuesday.
I also backup my data onto three different external drives. It may look and sound excessive but once you have lost a valuable amount of data, you will understand. it takes a little time to do those tasks but I can always rely on multiple backups in case one of the external drives fail (after all, they are man made)...

There are other backup options available as for example Macrium reflect which has a free version and also Aomei backupper (not sure as of a free version).

Reaction score
and also Aomei backupper (not sure as of a free version).
Version 4.6.1 is the last true free version. Newer versions are now trial versions. I didn't keep it long enough to see what it's limitations are. I still have the installer for 4.6.1.

Ask a Question