Can't print test page to network printer

Reaction score
I just got a new PC with Windows 10 OS. I've never used Windows 10 before. Anyway, I'm trying to print to a Canon MF8350Cdn color printer and am having some real problems. I've installed the latest drivers off the web and my PC can see the Canon on my local network, but when I try to print a test page, that page leaves the queue and just disappears! Further, while at least one of my programs (Snagit8) CAN print to the Canon, others (like Wordpad) cannot and, what's worst, they crash immediately after hitting OK in the print dialog. My wife has similar crash issues on her new Windows 10 PC (in her case, it's Excel that crashes).

Any thoughts? I've scoured the web, but I'm apparently not tech-savvy enough to know what to look for.

Reaction score
From the printer itself, any option to print a configuration page?
If you can, this will also confirm the printer itself works fine (all the tabs have been removed from the toner, and such).

Restart the computer, check the printer window (Start - enter printer, and click Printers and Scanners).
Do you see the printer? Does it have a green check mark and no errors?

Reaction score
How is the printer connected? Wifi?

I have a Canon multifunction 922 connected Wifi and used by 3 PCs , 2 ipads and 2 iphones.

On the two main PCs ( desktops wired to the router) I loaded Canon' full printer suite as per instructions and both machines work fine, print and scan. The Idevices pick up the printer by name on the network without me doing anything.

The third PC just uses the drivers that Window 10 has for the printer and gives good enough printing and scanning for my purposes...I could load the Canon software but I can't be bothered.

Ask a Question