SOLVED Can't right click Windows 10 desktop

Reaction score
Screenshot.jpg Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg
My desktop has gone crazy. I am attaching a screenshot (Screenshot.jpg) of what I had with my icons on my desktop. All of a sudden out of the blue they are all gone and instead I have a new desktop with the tiles (which I don't want). Some online advice has told me to right click the desktop and then choose "show icons", but I cannot right click the desktop at all. My current desktop looks like this and is not what I want (Screenshot1.jpg).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the notification icon bottom right of desktop on taskbar and toggle off "Tablet" mode, or....
Choose "All settings" from there and "Personalization" then "Start and toggle off "Use Start full screen".

Reaction score
Click the notification icon bottom right of desktop on taskbar and toggle off "Tablet" mode, or....
Choose "All settings" from there and "Personalization" then "Start and toggle off "Use Start full screen".
Thank you so very much. One click and I was back on track. :)

Reaction score
THANK YOU so much, thought I was losing the plot, but out of Tablet Mode and we're back to normal :):):):) Also got my desktop shortcuts back, result!

Ask a Question