Can't shut down computer (windows 10)

Reaction score
Computer reboots to password screen. I did a restore back 10 days before problem started. ANY ideas would be appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
We'll probably need some additional info as to what "computer" actually means.
AND
Exactly what the problem is. IF I understand correctly, when you shut down the computer normally the computer spontaneously starts back up again without you actually doing anything??? It doesn't stay shut down??

I can only say that....
The last time this happened to me was on a friends computer and after trying everything I could think of including a wipe and clean install, I figured out it was a hardware issue and after some aggravating troubleshooting it turned out to be that his desktop computer had a PCIe 4x wireless add-on card installed.
When I removed it physically from the computer, the problem went away. The computer would shut down and stay shut down.
I had him replace it with a
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...3-992f-4bde-81b0-de270e0ead5a&pf_rd_i=desktop
He hasn't had any trouble since.

Reaction score
Capt Dan Welcome!
You don't say why you restored your settings 10 days before the current problem started. Where you experiencing other issues?

Reaction score
Computer reboots to password screen. I did a restore back 10 days before problem started. ANY ideas would be appreciated.
If you were to have a certain version or versions of a Dell system, I might know what is going on.

Ask a Question