Driver For Scrolling Mouse

Reaction score
When i changed to windows ten from 7 my mouse stopped working--original is an intel product--checked with intel seems they have not got a driver for 10.
driver support which i bought also cant fix either though it upgraded all other drivers,when it came to the optical mouse it just set error.
Does an optical mouse work with 10 if so where do i get the driver, have done numerous scans they all tell me the same thing ---error

Reaction score
I have used many mice with W10 all optical. Old ones with PS2 connections, wired USB, Bluetooth. MS wireless and Logitech Unifying wireless and with the exception of the Logitech they have all just worked.

How does this Intel mouse connect?

Reaction score
I have used many mice with W10 all optical. Old ones with PS2 connections, wired USB, Bluetooth. MS wireless and Logitech Unifying wireless and with the exception of the Logitech they have all just worked.

from port----mouse lights up ok but no movement-- but where do i get the diver----all scans from downloaded update drivers find it but fail to update --as i said it just says ---error

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From what port?? USB, PS2, Serial?? IS it a wireless device? Does it use a USB Dongle or Blue Tooth Dongle??
Can you try another mouse to test, preferably a generic USB wired mouse?

Reaction score
I'm currently using my old Bluetooth optical mouse with Windows 10 no problems If the mouse worked with Win 7 I would think it should work with Win !0. have you tried Control Panel > Ease of access > make the mouse easier to use > mouse settings . hardware.
If you still require a driver for Intel Optical Mouse this may help?

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/d/intellimouse-optical

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
From what port?? USB, PS2, Serial?? IS it a wireless device? Does it use a USB Dongle or Blue Tooth Dongle??
Can you try another mouse to test, preferably a generic USB wired mouse?

downloaded one for windows 10 told me my pc not strong enough, so will try windows 7 driver--i upgraded to 10 ---have number of driver from heweii packard ---will let you know if that works

Reaction score
I have an 5 button Explorer 3 Intellimouse. This mouse has worked successfully through all versions of Windows including W98, Wme, WXP, W7, W8.1. Untill I installed 64bit W10. whereupon, the two left thumb buttons refused to work. As I use this mouse for AutoCAD these two left thumb buttons are programmed to keys F8 = Ortho and Esc which provides a rapid cancellation of all commands. I now discover the programmable function of these two buttons is either hidden or no longer available. Suggestions please ?? bearing in mind this mouse is of Microsoft Manufacture.

Ask a Question