Enter your credentials to connect to: Seagate Drive-E1234

Reaction score
After reloading windows 10 I keep getting a pop-up Windows Security box requesting “enter your credentials to connect to: Seagate Drive-E1234”, whenever I try to open folders in my Seagate external drive which is connected by Ethernet to my router. I have logged into my PC using the open User account and using a named account. I have not set up a home group as I like to keep the main Windows 10 PC as simply customised as I can. I’ve tried every possible Username and Password for my router, for the Seagate drive and the main PC. I’ve tried several “fixes” posted on various forums all to no avail. Can someone help?

Reaction score
If the drive is just plugged into an Ethernet port on your router then presumably it has an IP address. Maybe you could log onto the router to see what it is and then try addressing the drive as \\ipaddress\some directory name on the drive. Do this from Windows file explorer.

Did the drive come with software from Seagate? Have you run that on your PC with the drive connected to the Ethernet.

Ask a Question