Error 0x800f020b during attempted installation of printer update

Reaction score
Problems with this error have apparently come up in the past, but attempting the instructions in any of the posts from that time have not helped. During routine (weekly) manual check for updates, I see two updates for my USB-connected Canon Pixma 922 printer have downloaded, but this error shows when installation is attempted. I've run the Update Troubleshooter, restarted, pounded on the keyboard -- all to no effect. Tried going to a site mentioned in the past to download a tool which would permit me to remove these updates from the computer, but that site was obsolete, and no attempt to find it resulted in success. Printer is connected and tests fine. Windows 10 22H2 19045.3324.

Reaction score
A couple of things, one is I don't do many manual updates, just rely upon the monthly Second Tuesday/Patch Tuesday to keep my machines up to date.

The other is not to rely upon Driver Updates if a device is otherwise working as desired, helps keeping me from going mad.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the "Second Tuesday/Patch Tuesday" reference, but, in this case, these were two things that had been downloaded by the system -- I too don't mess with optional driver updates unless something's not working right. But now, when I go to the Updates page, these two items are just there, showing having been downloaded but failing installation. "Canon - Printer - 3.0.2.24" and "Canon - Printer - 10.50.2.31" No idea what they are. And I can't seem to get rid of them.

Reaction score
Patch Tuesday, the second Tuesday of each month, has been around for some time, part of it is rooted in the Service Pack CDs issued periodically for older versions of Windows such as 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT3.5, NT4, 2000, XP, 7, etc., just accompishing the same but downloading from the 'net.

I've seen issues where uninstalling a printer's software doesn't always do it cleanly, can leave entries in the Registry, have had it happen when I went from an OfficeJet 8021 to an OfficeJet 9015, I just ignore the chance to update the older drivers until I get a chance to clean the Registry by removing all references to them.

Reaction score
Supplemental: I just looked in the Registry for any mention of these two updates, identified as Canon 3.0.2.24 and 10.50.2.31 but found no instances.

Ask a Question