File Explorer Jump List (on taskbar)

Reaction score
Quite odd this. Jump List pinned shortcuts working fine on Notepad, Excel & Word, but pinned jump list shortcuts for File Explorer do not work. I click on them and nothing happens. I've tried removing them and re-pinning, but the only shortcut that works is the file explorer one. Is this a known bug or just on my Windows 10 install??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry Steven.
Mine are working fine.... probably just what you wanted to hear.
Check and confirm there are no updates pending.
Maybe running the native System File Checker?
sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. As I said, all jump lists are working apart from the File Explorer ones, which are pinned on the taskbar File Explorer icon. I ran both windows update (there were 3 updates), plus system checker from the command prompt which found a corrupt file, which it corrected. I rebooted (just to be sure), unpinned the jump list shortcuts, put one back, still the same :( The only one that works correctly is the File Explorer one. Incidentally I also looked at the Start Menu under File Explorer and the pattern is the same, none of the recently used folders under File Explorer (only) work.

Oh in the Microsoft forums jump list issues are mentioned
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-broken/eb335c92-6c9d-46d1-bb09-5e7b011ca91c

Help!!?

Anyone else have this issue. Only bug found so far, so, it's not the end of the world, but annoying.

Reaction score
Quite odd this. Jump List pinned shortcuts working fine on Notepad, Excel & Word, but pinned jump list shortcuts for File Explorer do not work. I click on them and nothing happens. I've tried removing them and re-pinning, but the only shortcut that works is the file explorer one. Is this a known bug or just on my Windows 10 install??
Maybe you are not doing it the way I did, Mine work. I dragged the folders I wanted from the file explorer onto the File Explorer Icon on the task bar. I can only pin 12 items, like My Docs, My Adobe, Q for files in Quicken, etc. Love it, along with having pinned the items I want to see on the File Explorer Quick Access section.

Reaction score
That's exactly how I pin folders from File Explorer to the taskbar File Explorer icon, but alas when I click on the shortcut nothing happens!

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue as CallMeSteven. I have tried all of the suggested remedies, with know change. Additionally, I changed the default Open File Explorer view from Quick access to This PC - you guessed it - no change

Reaction score
You would not believe this, but after the recent updates File Explorer's Taskbar shortcut's now work!!! Windows 10 has plenty of bugs, but at least they 'should' get sorted out over time.

Reaction score
After months of googling I finally found a solution. Uninstalling WinCDEmu fixed the problem instantly (didn't even have to reboot).

WinCDEmu is a virtual drive emulator (loads up ISO files etc.). Do you have WinCDEmu, or any similar program (e.g. daemon tools, poweriso, etc.)?

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 yesterday, and so far am failing to see the benefit... Took forever getting things back to how I like them, and when I finally got my head around it the "file explorer" tab on the Start Menu seems like a good thing. It was working for all of an afternoon, and now...

I can click on it and it takes me to all the folders etc I assigned to it, but the Jump List does nothing. It did initially, and now it doesn't. Very strange. It's frustrating for something to work one minute and then not the next!

Reaction score
Okay, this is crazy. NONE of the jump lists on the Start menu are working! They were when Windows 10 was first installed, now they're not. Very odd!

Reaction score
After months of googling I finally found a solution. Uninstalling WinCDEmu fixed the problem instantly (didn't even have to reboot).

WinCDEmu is a virtual drive emulator (loads up ISO files etc.). Do you have WinCDEmu, or any similar program (e.g. daemon tools, poweriso, etc.)?

This worked for me! Thanks! :D

But i miss the effortless double-click to mount/unmount offered by WinCDEmu :(

Ask a Question