Groove Music puts all tracks in one album

Reaction score
All my music is in the Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder. All the metadata is there. Yet it puts all the tracks in one album. I tried deleting the database and changing the folder it points to without success. Yet Windows Media Player had no trouble finding everything correctly. I needed WMP to rip a CD as I couldn't find a way for Groove Music to do that.

Is there a fix for this or should I just keep using Windows Media Player? Or should I use something else, like MusicBee?

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
All my music is in the Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder
Given that information, I suppose begs the question, why aren't you using iTunes?
I don't use Groove Music, preferring instead to use Windows Media Player and occasionally alternating to iTunes for some stuff.
Although, when I check in Grove Music I see 100 albums based on the folders I've select using Grove Music "settings" for it to look at for music. Which is not my entire music collection.

Reaction score
I quit using iTunes because all my iPods died so I'm using my phone and hoping to get the Sandisk MP3 player for father's day. I'm somewhat anti-Apple because of the cost and proprietary nature of their devices. And iTunes is much bigger than other music players.

So WMP it is. Maximum PC recommended MusicBee so I may try it.

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I feel the same way about Apple and iTunes et al
I find that I can do about anything I want with Windows Media Player.
Occasionally, I'll use iTunes because I have a bunch of grandkids with those types of devices.
AND occasionally a third party software product for some advanced tag editing when needed.

Ask a Question