Hacked email

Reaction score
Hi all merry Christmas
I received an email from supposedly myself saying if I don't pay them a lot of money in bitcoin within 48 hours they would put a video of me they had taken of me and wife through the computer camera online, they had my email address and password. I have deleted the email and I will not be paying anyone anything.
Is it possible for some sleaze bag to get access to my camera

Reaction score
They probably spoofed your email address to make it look like it's coming from your own email. I don't even open junk like that. Just delete it. It's very a very common scam. Don't worry about it. They send tons of of those out hoping to hook a few.

Reaction score
I don't normally open junk but sometimes I send stuff to myself so I have a duplicate of things important but I will have to find another way of duplicating files but being an old man it's all new to me.

Reaction score
Spam just ignore it. If you do send email to yourself the key to it being authentic is in the title header.

Bif

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone, yes very common...we had it last year for about a week, a steady stream in our inbox from apparently ourselves. Best thing is to flag it as spam and we even went as far as contacting our ISP and reported it. Within a day or two never got another one, as they moved on down the que to the next victims..the spammers not the ISP.;)

Reaction score
I got something as well (scary as it is):

Hi

I run a forum in the deep web, I perform all kinds of services - above all it is damage to bussiness and injury. In general, all but the murder. Often main reasons are rejected love or competition at work. This week she talked me and set me the mission of empty acid in your face. Standard practice - quickly, hurts, forever. Without too much fuss. I get receive only after finishing the order. Therefore, now I suggest you send money to me to be inactive, I suggest this to nearly all the victims. If I do not see money from you, then my person will fulfill the task. If you give me money, in addition to my inactivity, I will give you the information that I have about the client. After completing the mission, I often spend the performer, so I have an option, to get $2000 from you for information about the customer and my inaction, or to receive $ 4000 from the customer, but with a big probability of losing the performer.

I’m getting paid in Bitcoin, its my Bitcoin address - 1EgPkS8C5apX1KdXnHrFUiCMuwxbiJMYux
The summary I told above.
24 hours to decide and pay.

I did not pay but will see what happens....:mad::mad: ;);) :D:D
It was from my own email too. Looks like that I do not really like me...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a very common spam e-mail, so don't worry about it - they are just hopeful that people will be worried and pay bitcoin. Sometimes these e-mails even include known scraped passwords, to scare people even more.

Reaction score
Hi mrmullad,

make sure you scan your PC for any possible viruses that may be connected to the e-mail!. ;););)

Ask a Question