Help over-clocking my Asus ROG PG348Q monitor

Reaction score
I have an Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" monitor.

I've been trying to get the Over-clocking feature to work for a while, looking over the forums and I'm still at a lose. I have a DisplayPort cable. I tried various methods methods all to no avail. When I have OC turned on then I press the Turbo key, only 60 Hz is displayed, same goes for pressing and holding the Turbo key for > 5 seconds. I'm also assuming that I can change the refresh rate without playing a game. What I'd like to ask is if someone could plz give me step-by-step instructions

Reaction score
Yep, once a monitor is set up most of what it can do is up to the Video Card/Adapter.

Reaction score
If you could change the frequency (60Hz) of the electrical grid by using a turbo key we would all be sitting in the dark with no internet. 60 Hz. is the North American standard for the grid. WYSIWYG

Reaction score

Attachments

• Monitor.PNG
    Monitor.PNG
    3.7 KB · Views: 703

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well, well....learned something new. So it seems you can...in a sense. That said....it has requirements (hardware) to do so. Straight from the main page of the link you provided....about half way down. The quote "Note: for smooth gameplay, G-SYNC requires a GeForce GTX 980Ti and above to overclock the refresh rate up to 100Hz". So with out knowing your hardware specs (you don't have them listed as you should), I just presume you don't have the recommended hardware. From the user manual is states that you need to have it connected via DP cable, have a 980Ti or higher GPU and then use the Turbo function key and tap it repeatedly to change the refresh rate.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have a 1080...is a 1080TI the minimum or recommended graphics card?
Not sure....but I know that the GPU must be G-Synced enabled for G-sync to work.

Check your manual....page 26 and scroll to the bottom of the page. I found this there......NOT GOOD.

G-SYNC (only for DisplayPort input) supported NVIDIA GPUs: GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745 (OEM), GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST. For other GPUs, please contact the manufactures to see if they are compatible.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What brand 1080 do you have? You might want to look into your GPU settings for a G-Sync enable button.

You might have to manually change the refresh rate.

Ask a Question