SOLVED Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

Reaction score
How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes? is set to 0.3 seconds and this is the minimum value of this ComboBox or DropDownList and holding down backspace still erasing typed text too slow. I can only increase this time up to 2.0 seconds (which is the maximum value of this ComboBox or DropDownList) and this makes the held down Backspace erasing text even slower. I must set this setting below 0.3 seconds, but this is possible to do so only through the registry using regedit, but I need to find the right variable/parameter responsible for this, but the problem is that I don't know where it is exactly. and it's not only about erasing, but I also want to use the arrow keys to move cursor from one position to another quickly, but 0.3 seconds is too slow! It's annoying to use my PC with slow keyboard! I know that I can do many things quickly with the mouse, but I don't want to use the mouse most of the time, I also want to use my keyboard. I was used to use my keyboard for erasing and moving cursor for very long time. I notice that my keyboard slow only in windows 10. This started since I installed windows 10. if I won't solve this issue soon, I will uninstall windows 10 and reinstall and go back to windows 7. You have been warned.

EDIT: I found that the Repeat delay and Repeat rate settings are ignored, windows 10 comes with it's own settings for my keyboard, which are:

How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes?
AND
How long should the computer wait before accepting the first repeated keystroke?

And only these affect my keyboard, but they use very limited ComboBox and DropDownList controls, while Repeat delay and Repeat rate use unlimited or much less limited at least trackbar controls. I need to tell windows that I want to use the hardware settings for my keyboard, not what windows 10 suggest me. Hardware was always better than software.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, someone gave me the solution and answer here:
http://www.tenforums.com/general-su...e-erasing-typed-text-too-slow.html#post816906

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could also change/fix this another way, and here are the steps:
1) Click on windows button
2) Search Keyboard and press enter
3) Keyboard properties should pop up, you can play around with those settings and hopefully it will fix you problem.

Attachments

• keyboard.png
    keyboard.png
    33 KB · Views: 87
  • keyboard 2.png
    keyboard 2.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 90

Ask a Question