How to turn on monitor by tapping screen

Reaction score
Hello.... I have a mini PC that does not have keyboard neither mouse. It has Windows 10 Home.

I have configured the operating system to never sleep, but screen to turn off after 10 minutes.

When screen is turned off. Is it possible to turn it on by simply tapping the screen?

At the moment, I can only turn screen on programmatically by simulating mouse movement, but I need the user to turn it on by tapping the screen.

By the way, this is a touch screen.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Jaime

Reaction score
Sounds like your device is akin to a Tablet which typically does not use external mice or keyboards but may use the Bluetooth-type devices. Most Tablets work similar to a SmartPhone where swiping across the screen does things as waking them up. There should also be a power switch on one edge. Check the user manual for it.

Reaction score
It is a mini PC that does not have either keyboard or mouse.... of course, they can be connected by mean of USB connection, but the normal use is without them.

This mini PC behaves likes a tablet... and of course, the button on the edge could turn screen on... but the fact is that this mini pc is inside a metal case..... only the screen is available from outside.

The idea is when a person touchs the screen, it should be turned on so that user can see the application.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Normally when the screen is set to turn off (via power settings), it also disables the touch function on the monitor... with the exception of devices built to be all in ones.

If you're handy with electronics, you could make a simple "on" button that wakes the monitor via a virtual keypress. I did something similar a couple of years ago for a touchscreen project (although it used a motion sensor to trigger) - it used an Arduino Mini (a few $/£) to sent a virtual "CTRL" button press via USB, which was enough to wake the monitor.

Ask a Question