HP printer drivers

Reaction score
my windows 7 computer broke so i have to use a laptop that runs windows 10 so many things to learn. i tried to connect my hp officejet pro 8600 plus and could not use the scanner. my install disk says not compatible with windows 10. when i try to download drivers i wind up with 20 sites and don't wat to download a bunch of unnecessary stuff. is there a link to adding this printer to windows 10? excuse my typing. recently had a stroke and everything is hard. maybe could delete windows 10 and install windows 7...

Reaction score
I found this on the HP Support.
Thanks for using the HP forum.
Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for Win 10? (you may have the software, but just try to download from this link, which is for WIn 10)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-plus-e-all-in-one-printer-seri...
Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.
We'd suggest that you UNINSTALL before Reinstalling the FULL feature software, follow these steps :

Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software
  1. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)
  2. Uninstall the software in your computer
  3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software
Hope that helps.

Reaction score
You could go to the Store and download HP AIO printer remote which can talk to most AllinOne HP printers and print, scan and copy. Every so often tho' you'll get a notification to install the full printer software.

I have a HP 7520 which is a predecessor of the 8600 and the HP software kit is mostly bloatware.

Reaction score
I found this on the HP Support.
Thanks for using the HP forum.
Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for Win 10? (you may have the software, but just try to download from this link, which is for WIn 10)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-plus-e-all-in-one-printer-seri...
Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.
We'd suggest that you UNINSTALL before Reinstalling the FULL feature software, follow these steps :

Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software
  1. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)
  2. Uninstall the software in your computer
You could go to the Store and download HP AIO printer remote which can talk to most AllinOne HP printers and print, scan and copy. Every so often tho' you'll get a notification to install the full printer software.

I have a HP 7520 which is a predecessor of the 8600 and the HP software kit is mostly bloatware.

my windows 7 computer broke so i have to use a laptop that runs windows 10 so many things to learn. i tried to connect my hp officejet pro 8600 plus and could not use the scanner. my install disk says not compatible with windows 10. when i try to download drivers i wind up with 20 sites and don't wat to download a bunch of unnecessary stuff. is there a link to adding this printer to windows 10? excuse my typing. recently had a stroke and everything is hard. maybe could delete windows 10 and install windows 7...

i installed the software. i can print and copy, but nothing about scanning. Used to be i would gotyo the device page and right click on y printer and there would be an option to start the scan. if i try from the printer it says i need to set it up. maybe there is scanning software

Reaction score
Once the printer is recognized by Windows as an All-in-One device then Windows Fax and Scan (found under Windows accessories) will usually scan nicely.

Reaction score
I need driver for this printer

Attachments

• IMG-20230401-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230401-WA0003.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7

Ask a Question