I disabled my administrator account in my pc and now I can't log in my pc

Reaction score
Today, I just updated our pc from windows 7 to windows 10. And because I'm new to windows 10, I explored it's features. Please take note that I'm not a computer geek.

I made a microsoft account for admin, my one and only acct. when I restart our pc, it just asks me to log in everytime, and I hate it. So I try to explore and see what will work out for it to stop asking me for my password.

As I explore, i came to find disable this account (the administrator account that I made). I thought if I disable it, it will stop asking me for password. Then i reboot pc to see what will happen.

It says "this user is disabled.." something like that and I can't log in to our computer anymore. I clicked "sign in options" and choose "microsoft account". I entered my email and password but it says my password is incorrect and there's a link to change my password. So I did. I changed my password. But I still can't log in.

Please help me. I'm only 16 yrs old I dont know a thing bout computers. I just try to explore it but it just locked me out. I know it's my fault but please help me. My mother needs to use computer for her files

I tried searching for solution. I found solving this kind of prob by opening command prompt, putting windows in safe mode, and some are requiring me to install a software, but it' no good. I can't open the command prompt, I can't put windows in safe mode, and obviously I can't install a software cause the computer's locked. Please help me I'm crying!! I promise I won't explore computers anymore

I don't have cds/dvds. I'm hoping that there's a way aside from resetting the computer. I can't reset computer because there's so many important files there. Please help me please

Reaction score
try : restart your PC, when it comes to the sign in page,
hold down the shift key & click on the restart button (arrowed in picture 1)

this should restart the PC in safe mode with the opening screen :
Choose an Option
select : Troubleshoot,
select : Advanced Options,
Select : System Restore,

select a restore point from before you disabled the administrator account

Windows 10 login page.jpg

see if this works for you, if not, come back & seek an alternative

Reaction score
Click/Tap on the Power button under the Start Menu or on the lower right-hand side of the Login screen, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart. This will open a command prompt at boot.

Then type:

net user Administrator /active:yes

This will re-enable the Admin Account.

You may want to start backing up your data. No offence, but by your own admission you're not a 'computer geek'. One general lesson is: backup, backup, backup! Pick up either a disk imager like Macrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx to back up your data in case something happens. Don't need something happening and your data is SOL.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
Click/Tap on the Power button under the Start Menu or on the lower right-hand side of the Login screen, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart. This will open a command prompt at boot.

Then type:

net user Administrator /active:yes

This will re-enable the Admin Account.

You may want to start backing up your data. No offence, but by your own admission you're not a 'computer geek'. One general lesson is: backup, backup, backup! Pick up either a disk imager like Macrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx to back up your data in case something happens. Don't need something happening and your data is SOL.

Good Luck!

Good eve. I was able to go to the safe mode but everytime I go to the command prompt, the keyboard just won't type. Idk it's just fine but when i go to the command prompt, the keyboard doesnt work. I tried restarting it and do the same, still the keyboard won't type. How come? :/ I'm sorry for the late reply.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you can't perform the System Restore as BretWin10 suggested above using the method that he describes, then....
Boot from the installation media and perform the System Restore from there. Pick a point in time prior to you having made the changes that produced the problem.

Screen3.JPG

Reaction score
IF you can't perform the System Restore as BretWin10 suggested above using the method that he describes, then....
Boot from the installation media and perform the System Restore from there. Pick a point in time prior to you having made the changes that produced the problem.

View attachment 3487

When I choose system restore, this is the dead end. After this, I can't do anything.

20160722_225502.jpg
20160722_225502.jpg

Reaction score
I tried going to the command prompt but as what I said earlier, the keyboard wouldn't type as if it was shut down. But it's working properly. It's just acting up when I go to safe mode :/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was able to go to the safe mode but everytime I go to the command prompt, the keyboard just won't type
Are you using a simple, generic, standard USB connect, wired keyboard, OR....
Are you using a USB dongle to support wireless input devices or a unique keyboard that might require some vendor specific drivers in order to work properly?

Ask a Question