I started receiving the following error after installing Windows 10.

Reaction score
Explorer.exe Application error.
The instruction at 0X00007FFC5C1DCC60 referenced memory at 0X000000000000000 the memory could not be read.
This error appears every time I sign off.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
As I remember, this error message showed up for a lot of people on some earlier builds. What build version of 10 do you have installed? Is this a clean install or an upgrade from a previous version?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
this error message showed up for a lot of people on some earlier builds
yep .... absolutely right.
And to avoid it you could simply right click the Windows Logo and choose shut down from the menu.
Seems to have been fixed in later builds.

Reaction score
As I remember, this error message showed up for a lot of people on some earlier builds. What build version of 10 do you have installed? Is this a clean install or an upgrade from a previous version?
The problem corrected itself after new build was installed. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Explorer.exe Application error.
The instruction at 0X00007FFC5C1DCC60 referenced memory at 0X000000000000000 the memory could not be read.
This error appears every time I sign off.
I have the same problem and do choose shut down from the menu. I do not understand new build. I purchased my computer with windows 10 installed on it.

Reaction score
I have the same problem and do choose shut down from the menu. I do not understand new build. I purchased my computer with windows 10 installed on it.
Depending on when you purchased it, there have been many updates. Perhaps you could search for "Update" in the "Ask me anything" slot to the right of the Start Button. Then choose "Check for Updates". You will then be offered any updates not on your computer. If you see listed any automatic updates such as security updates, Windows will probably start installing them automatically and immediately without warning. Therefore, before you do any of this, it would be wise to create a Restore Point so you could go back the state your machine was in before, just in case an update messes up your system. It has been known!

Ask a Question