Indicating ads in Microsoft Store games

Reaction score
In Microsoft Store I can not find anything for individual games where it is indicated that ads are being shown or not as part of the particular game software. Am I missing something here ? On my Android all apps, including games, in the Android Google Play show whether ads are part of any particular application.as soon as you click on an application in order to find more about it. But if I click on a particular game in Microsoft Store there is not the least indication which I can see that ads are or are not part of the game experience.

Reaction score
Hi,

if you purchase a game app it will be ad free, if you choose to play for free, it won't. :)

Reaction score
Usually if the game says Free+ it means free plus in app purchases (which it'll state below the "Get" button).

Annotation 2019-05-15 103958.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

if you purchase a game app it will be ad free, if you choose to play for free, it won't. :)

I see no a priori reason why a free game must have ads. Is it a requirement for having a game on Microsoft Store that if there is a free version it must have ads ?

Reaction score
Usually if the game says Free+ it means free plus in app purchases (which it'll state below the "Get" button).

View attachment 10108
Unfortunately I have tried some "Free" games without the "Free*" on it, which still had ads. I reported these to Microsoft but I do not know if they are willing to do anything about it. I think customers have a right to not have their time wasted in this way. I am willing to pay for a game if I think it is worth it, in order not to have to view ads, but if the game is "Free", indicating no ads, I do not want to have to waste my time installing it only to find out it bothers me with ads.

Ask a Question