SOLVED Installation completely stuck!

Reaction score
Hey

So I've tried to install Windows 10 on a Samsung laptop that had Windows 7 on it. First time got stuck at 34%, I read some posts and managed to disable the firewall and disable the antivirus. Tried again and we had progress.

Now it's stuck on 75%, for over a week. I try to shut down the laptop in hope it reverts back to 7, but when I turn it on again, it goes back to the 75% installation progress screen.

When I start the machine I've tried to press F4, nothing. I can't go back and I can't go forward. Please help me.

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow.... over a week.
Now that is patience :)
Not sure it will work, but.....
What I would try first is to remove any and all peripheral devices that might be connected to the laptop. Anything plugged into a USB port.... wireless dongles supporting Bluetooth devices, wireless network adapters, wireless keyboard or mouse adapters, even any USB printers that you might have attached.
IF you have a cat5 Ethernet cable plugged in, unplug that as well.
The object is to exclude and deny any external, extraneous complications that might be complicating the upgrade process and preventing it from completing.
IF you suspect that your laptop is using the integrated wireless adapter, built into the system, you might even go so far as to turn off your wireless router.

See if any of that helps to allow the upgrade install to finish.
I read some posts and managed to disable the firewall and disable the antivirus.
For what it might be worth, generally speaking you cannot completely disable most third party security suites without totally uninstalling them, including.... in many instances running their vendor specific, proprietary removal tools to completely remove all remnants.

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble for the response. I'll try this tonight. I just want to confirm that I'm using a usb with the iso file. If I remove it won't that perhaps cause trouble in the installation?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Pretty sure that you could leave that connected, but.....
Try it both ways, at 75% the installation may not need it any more and if it does it will likely prompt you for it, at which point you could just plug it back into the same USB port that it had been using.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does the computer have a hard drive LED (activity light)??
IS it flashing at all??

Reaction score
Yip, it is flashing. It never stopped flashing to be honest. I know that's usually a good indication of what's going on inside the mind of the grand computer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yip, it is flashing. It never stopped flashing to be honest. I know that's usually a good indication of what's going on inside the mind of the grand computer.
IT is.... especially if it is flashing rapidly.... however a brief and occasional flash might not be as promising.
IS it still showing 75%?
It might be time to try something else.
IF you have the installation media, boot from that and
you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options

Screen3.JPG

Try using "Startup Settings" and after clicking restart try item #8 Disable early launch anti-malware protection.

Screen5.JPG

Reaction score
Sooo I decided to stop being lazy and start from the beginning. I took the battery out and did a hard reset. I redid the bootable usb and saw that the file was corrupt, hence it got stuck. Got a new iso and bam, what do you know in 5min we were up and running.

Thanks for the help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Excellent!
Glad to hear that you managed to troubleshoot your issue and resolve it.
Nice work and thanks for the follow-up information.
Much appreciated

Ask a Question