IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, Random BSODs (New built)

Reaction score
Hi,

After every few random days I am getting BSODs with the title mentioning "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". FYI, This is a completely new built and only 2 months in use. Currently not using for gaming so no graphics card in it. Have done windows memory diagnostics, no issues found.

My initial findings of the dump files is that most dumps are related to HDAudBus.SYS error and 2 dumps are of Netio.SYS error.

(PS: PC was working fine when newly built, i fear these BSODs started to occur since i installed my old laptop HDD, and i used to face similar BSODs in my old laptop too).

I have attached the required ZIP FILE logs for your through review.

Really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• crashdumps.zip
    940.2 KB · Views: 365

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think I would check with ASUS support website for your specific board and consider updating drivers paying particular attention to
BIOS (looks like there are several, newer than the version you are currently running that report to "Improve system stability", and then.....
Chipset, Audio, Drive Controller, Audio, LAN and Wireless
The tcpip.sys and netio.sys errors seem to be linked to Qcamain10x64.sys 2/24/2016 which appears to be the ASUS wireless adapter using a Qualcom chipset
Additionally a couple older drivers which may need your attention
AsIO.sys 8/22/2012
npf.sys 2/28/2013
ScpVBus.sys 5/5/2013
Use Google to research and see what you can find in the way of updates for those or consider uninstalling.

Reaction score
Appreciate your response..

Sure i will be trying to check for the latest BIOS update if any..

And errors linked to 'Qcamain10x64' .. should i uninstall and reinstall the Asus wireless adapter?

By your response i think all these errors are related to drivers/software.. hope there are no hardware issues??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally speaking the type of errors that you are seeing are driver based.
It's just not always an easy task to determine which driver.
I'd go with the BIOS update and then yes, I would re-install the drivers from the same ASUS support web page where you get the BIOS update.
Your wireless adapter is a case in point. It uses a Qualcom chipset, but I've seen some recommendations that it might work better with a "Killer" driver. I'm not familiar with that particular adapter but it is generally a good idea to use the drivers made available through the motherboard manufacturer's website (not the CD / DVD that might have come with the motherboard box.
AND.... Yes, there are several BIOS updates available for that board that are more current (newer) that the version you are currently running.

Ask a Question