Issue with lock screen background

Reaction score
Hi

New member with a slight but annoying issue with the background image on the lock screen..

I have a new 3 week old HP Envy notebook running v1607 WIndows 10 Home.. When I first power up the notebook I get a very nice image on the screen with the clock in the left hand lower corner... If I hit the trackpad or a key it takes me to the log-in screen... All working as it should..

Now, if I use sleep and then when I open the lid. the notebook wakes up, but this time I do not see a nice image, but a black background with the clock, and a Cortana message saying "like what you see" pressing the trackpad or a key opens the log-in screen with the image there...

Any idea what is causing this? It works OK, just the image missing..

This is not the well documented lack screen were you have to power off... all works OK just the image missing :)

Just checked the feedback hub and it seems this is a common issue with the AU update :(

Stuart

Last edited:
Reaction score
The 'like what you see' is a new feature of Windows 10 Anniversary. Go to Settings, Personalization, Lock Screen. See if you have Slideshow turned on. If so, check lower on the screen under Advanced Slideshow and see if 'Get fun facts....' enabled. If so turn it off.

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the reply..

I have it set to spotlight, but have tried picture as well, and it does teh same... I have turned off the need to use a password after waking and it works OK..

As I say it seems a common issue..

Stuart

Ask a Question