SOLVED Logitech Webcam and 1607 - is there a fix yet?

Reaction score
Still waiting for a fix from Microsoft for all the webcams they broke with the 1607 update. Heard it was coming in Sept. The month is rapidly running out.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I've not seen any alerts from Microsoft re the cam issue.

You could try the following though to see whether it helps resolve things:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the User Account Control opens click Yes
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt that opens type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform" /v EnableFrameServerMode /t reg_dword /d 0x00000000

Press Enter key to execute. You ought to see a message saying, The operation completed successfully.

If your windows operation system is 64-bit then type or copy & paste this additional command:

Code:
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform" /v EnableFrameServerMode /t reg_dword /d 0x00000000

Press Enter key to execute. Again, you ought to see a message confirming operation was successful.

Now just close Command window, and restart computer.

If things goes well that cam of yours may work.

So to be clear:
  • If you have a 32-bit OS, then only do the first command.
  • If you have a 64-bit OS then do both commands.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the registry hacks, but if you haven't heard about this problem you should Google it as it is all over the logitech forums and in the national press. You can no longer take a snapshot or control your logitech webcam and while it will work in Skype it also cuts out after some time. It has to do with 1607 removing H264 and Mpeg 4 support. It is a Microsoft problem that should have been fixed already but apparently it is not a high priority that millions of webcams stopped working with the update to 1607.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yes I am aware of the issue and Microsoft's decision to remove support.

Hence offering you a possible way to resolve that until the official fix is released.

You could also check logitech for any updated drivers.

Reaction score
Well they just made it in September! The update of September 30 for W10 1607 fixed the problem with Logitech webcams - at least for me and I hope for everyone.

Ask a Question