SOLVED Low Disk Space message...

Reaction score
Tim,

Thanks for posting these instructions. I followed them, but it didn't work for me. I am still getting low disk space warnings.

PS. For those of you who advise just "cleaning up"/making extra space on the disk, know that I have disks I use solely for data storage. They are at capacity, I know they are at capacity, and that's perfectly fine because they are just for storage. I don't need Windows to constantly remind me they are full.

Firstly I would check that you followed the instructions to the letter. They are fairly involved and I admit that I have often accidently missed a step when following a set of instructions. I admit that the odd smiley face appeared instead of the colon/) in the instructions but I think t would have still been fairly obvious what was meant.

Otherwise I am not sure I can help as I have not had another issue with the message since I followed this procedure so it has fixed it for me. I would have to admit, though, that are some other issues I have at the moment but then I can't decide whether it is Win10 or the internet gateway that is causing them at the moment. Looks like the gateway but then it could be Win10.

Reaction score
I just have to say... This is HARDLY a 'fix'... I should have an option to disable the prompt on drives that I hardly use as rarely used storage that I really don't care that they are full or not.

We simply need an option to turn the notifications off. Period.

I actually ended up just deleting something that I didn't specifically want to because, while I can perform the instructions provided, I simply didn't think that I should have to jump through all of those hoops to turn a notification off that should be solved by a check box or right-click disable option.

This has not been an issue for me since Win10 and the drive in question did not change since I upgraded.

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Previous versions of Windows had an option to turn off the low space notice per drive. Now it does not seem to have this option at all. Having to go into the registry to do this now is just plain silly. And all the people stupidly suggesting that we clear some space off of the drive or buy another hard drive are idiots. Ribsta above is right. This is hardly a fix. I really object to all of these lame uninformed comments on this issue. Microsoft needs to fix this. And all of these so-called experts here need to learn a lot, And they should stop giving out stupid advice. End of rant.

Reaction score
Although not a specifically Win10 message the regularity with which the message appears since updating to Win10 is beginning to annoy me. My set up has a small allocation to a recovery drive for the PC, a relic from a prior setup. I could probably delete the partition and merge it with another but for now it doesn't use up much space and happy to leave it except... Every so often I get a system message that says I have low disc space on this drive (in fact no space at all) and I want to stop the message from appearing, I know it is low on disc space and don't need to be told every half hour. Any ideas how to stop it?

Also I do need to get into the depths of the OpSystem to start to understand privileges etc, are there any Quick Start guides around.

Had the same problem. just reformat local disk E. That will empty whatever got dumped into it during your Windows update without taking out what should actually be there before you updated. To reformat, just right click on the E disk and click on reformat. Works like magic. :)

Ask a Question