Mail Won't Sync

Reaction score
When I first loaded windows 10 everything worked great now I can't get my email through the mail app. I try to sync it and after awhile I get the message error code 0x8007274D. Does anyone know what to do about this situation? Thanks in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you using any type of third party Security Suite?
Avast, Avira, AVG, Symantec / Norton, McAfee, Comodo, Zone Alarm, etc., etc.,

Reaction score
I have AVG on my computer. I can't sync W10 mail app to my gmail account. Should I disable AVG prior to trying to sync the two together?

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Unfortunately disabling AVG will not generally work.
You need to uninstall it from Control Panel / Programs and Features and then you need to
Go here http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities to obtain the vendor specific proprietary removal tool and run that.
Then reboot your computer and see if your mail syncs.
Seems like a lot of work but I guess you need to start someplace.

Reaction score
I have the same problem but I'm not using AVG or any other anti-virus program except the Windows Defender that's built into Windows 10. Gmail was working fine at first but now it won't sync at all. I get the same 0x8007274d error code.

Reaction score
Me too!! Was there ever a resolution on this? The only thing I changed on my pc was I use OpenDNS and I added a dynamic updater for the ip address. Would that possibly be the problem? I'm not a super techy, I just followed their instructions for resolving IP Issues.

Ask a Question