SOLVED Minutes to launch windows

Reaction score
Hello. on my msi pc (some years old) I run windows 10 home. During an update, which seemed so long, I lost my patience and turned off the PC.
What happened when I turned on the laptop the next day, was the update continuing. After that day, when I boot the system, windows 10 takes MINUTES to load, I repeat: minutes. I have not taken time yet, but I will do if required. Now my question: IS THERE A SOLUTION?
I hope, of course, to hear from someone who has been through the same kind of problem,
regards

Reaction score
The first thing I do after a full shutdown and restart is use Command Prompt as Administrator and run sfc /scannow, check if any of the Windows system files have issues.

Reaction score
The first thing I do after a full shutdown and restart is use Command Prompt as Administrator and run sfc /scannow, check if any of the Windows system files have issues.
thank you for replying. I did the scan. Windows found corrupt files and repaired them, as they say. I restarted. Load time: as before, close to 3 minutes. I cannot live with it. The big problem: I have software specific to the laptop. oh what a nuisance. what a f.... nuisance Jesus Christ.

Reaction score
thank you for replying. I did the scan, windows found corrupt files and repaired them, as they say. I restarted the system: boot time: as before, close to 3 minutes. I cannot live with it. Impossible. however, I have software specific to this msi-laptop. what a nuisance. what a f.... nuisance. Jesus Christ

Reaction score
Might open Task Manager and look in the Startup section, see what is loading and disable those not needed. Disabling does not uninstall or prevent manually starting later.

Reaction score
Clone the C drive onto an SSD. I have seen and cured this problem 4 times now on laptops where the old HDD has started to silently fail.
SSDs are so cheap now .

Reaction score
Clone the C drive onto an SSD. I have seen and cured this problem 4 times now on laptops where the old HDD has started to silently fail.
SSDs are so cheap now .
I could not agree more. I have a desktop which loaded Windows in 6-7 minutes. After maximizing the RAM and cloning to a SSD the load time has reduced to just 45-50 seconds. Even my 16 yr old Laptop experienced a performance boost by using a SSD.

Reaction score
Hi folks, this is a happy persons entry. Tim and Grizzly: you were on the right track, it WAS a hardware issue, but not the disk drives. Today, just by chance, I discovered that my usb-dvd drive was going completely bananas. (spinned and spinned around like mad, without any reason)I removed it, and reinstalled IN LESS THAN A MINUTE. then I switched off, turned on (still without the usb-dvd), and a matter of seconds again - in other words: normality restored. great relief.
NOW I CONCLUDE: the cause of my problems was a partial corrupt hardware. when the communication with periferals does not go well due to - well, something wrong with the attached peripheral - there will be a lot of trying and retrying because the nature an unknown error. I was unable to detect the error, because the usb dvd-drive worked well with the fligthsim dvd inside.
by the way: the simulator program always takes such a long time to load - maybe it was due to this scrap usb drive - I bought the cheapest one at the time, 3 years ago, oh boy, I will not do that one more time, that is for sure.
I appreciate your help, you guys, it helped me along. Problem solved, I just marked it so.

Ask a Question