MS Office (my version) taken over by the business- how do I get it back?

Reaction score
During covid days working from home, the business wanted me to use MS Office so I said sure, I have my own. Then somehow, the business took over and I can’t seem to get back to my own version. I’ve retired so the business won’t allow me to sign on so how do I get back to my own version without getting charged?

Reaction score
You will likely need to contact MS and find out exactly what took place. They will be better equipped to help you.

The one question that I have. You said you had MS Office before. How did you get it? Did you buy retail box, online license key, or was it bundled with a PC you bought?

Reaction score
It’s been a while so I think I remember getting it free on the iPad.
I got it years ago on the desktop via online licensing so I’m good there but I use the iPad much more these days.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Apple products at all. Should be no different than any other OEM installing MS software. If it came on the device Apple may can help get you back to where you were.

Have you considered resetting your device? This could reconfigure settings and remove any links to the business account. But before you do I have no idea if it will.

Reaction score
I must admit, I’m hesitant to reset the iPad to original. Always scared of losing apps and all kinds of stuff. I’ll have to ask the Apple people about that. Thanks!

Ask a Question