New win 11 pc. now internet keeps dropping off

Reaction score
internet will stop working 4 or 5 times a day sometimes for a short time other times hours. had geek squad reset the modem to factory specs. no help there. still dropping off. could it be a cable splitter? I shook.it and the internet started again! tv and phones work fine 27/7 just the internet goes down. any ideas? oldfitter597

Reaction score
internet will stop working 4 or 5 times a day sometimes for a short time other times hours. had geek squad reset the modem to factory specs. no help there. still dropping off. could it be a cable splitter? I shook.it and the internet started again! tv and phones work fine 27/7 just the internet goes down. any ideas? oldfitter597
That would suggest a hardware issue. What type cable?

Reaction score
You might want to check your phone service at the same time when your internet drops out. If that one drops too, then there is a hardware issue either with the splitter or the modem itself since your internet and phone line use the same modem.
Keep the connectors on the splitter really tight and on the modem as well. Spectrum is known for those issues

Reaction score
You might want to check your phone service at the same time when your internet drops out. If that one drops too, then there is a hardware issue either with the splitter or the modem itself since your internet and phone line use the same modem.
Keep the connectors on the splitter really tight and on the modem as well. Spectrum is known for those issues
the phone and tv stay on when the web is down. i put the old pc back on and everything works fine. SO do i have a bad but new pc, or does it not like my router or modem? both of them are netgear both pc's are hp.

Reaction score
This is the Notification Area of the Taskbar and the 4th icon from the left/up arrow is showing a connection:
1711941542061.png

If that icon changes to a skeleton globe the connection is lost.
1711941869599.png

Ask a Question