Program runs in Tablet Mode, but has an error massage in Desktop Mode

Reaction score
I have been using Tablet Mode for quite a while. I use a program everyday, Quicken Premier 2018 and have no problem. Today, I decided to go back to Desktop mode and when I tried opening Quicken, I got a message that this program does not support "Run as Administrator and I should login as "User with Administrative Privileges". This is the first time I have tried this version in Desktop Mode. I went back to Tablet Mode, no problem. Tried desktop again and same error message. Contacted Quicken and they said it was a Windows problem. I have never heard of a program working or not working based on the mode. Tried several other programs with no problem I know it sounds strange, but this is what's happening.

Reaction score
this program does not support "Run as Administrator and I should login as "User with Administrative Privileges".
Not really sure what you are doing exactly, but Run as Admin is normally a selection made when you start the program or you set up the compatibility in a shortcut to do the same thing.

An Admin User is the normal way to run Win 10. But I am nut the opposite of you and never run tablet mode, even on my 2-in-1. I also cannot think of a reason you would need to make such a change because which mode is being used. I think I would put the system in desktop mode and sign out of Windows and beck in to see if it makes a difference.

Wish I could help with 2018 but I have decided not to go to a lease type situation. I can tell you I found a bug in 2015 and to this day that has not been fixed.

Ask a Question