Remove all 'Live Tiles' from Start Menu with a Script... How to?

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before, and I've done LOADS of research into the problem, but have yet to see real results...

I'm trying to remove ALL Live Tiles from the Windows 10 Start Menu using a script of some sort or another (.bat, powershell, etc.).

So far I've tried the following...

Tried the Powershell Script in this thread:
https://www.tenforums.com/customiza...d-powershell-script-unpin-all-apps-start.html
(Works but only does SOME tiles, can't find the names for ALL the tiles, and not all tiles are listed in the Shell:Appsfolder).

Tried a bunch of Registry Edits. Maybe suggest others or maybe I'm doing something wrong with them?

Turning the tiles off manually isn't really an option since I'm looking at deploying on multiple systems... Can't do the Import-Startlayout.xml method since many deployments will be on machines that already have established user profiles.

Your assistance hugely appreciated and apologies if an established solution has already been found. I can't understand why I haven't found it myself or why it doesn't work for me...

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Classic Shell still works with Windows 10, but that would take care of them.

Ask a Question