Stopping Win 10 from updating NVidia drivers

Reaction score
Hello all,

Is there a way to stop Windows from updating my NVidia driver? It's gets really old! I like the stable driver I have from 2016.

Thanks.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Starkman,

Try Microsoft's Windows Update Show Hide tool.
When downloaded, run the wushowhide.diagcab file and follow prompts. Check any items you want to hide.

When done, you can then continue to use the normal Windows Update in the future, and those items you checked to hide should not appear any more.

Reaction score
Thanks, Mod, but the utility won't show the driver so that I can hide it—this both before and after I reinstalled the older driver. However...I did find a setting with regard to allowing Windows to download manufacturer's drivers (which I had on No, but it got changed to Yes, probably during an update) in the Advanced System Settings. I'll monitor things now and see if that does the trick.

Thanks again.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yeah that will be the likely issue.

Good spotting!

The wushowhide file has not been updated in a while so it may not longer work in the latest W10 build.

Ask a Question