The dreaded Windows 10 lock-up on boot followed by a reboot to Choose Keyboard

Reaction score
Ok. I have read several old message, threads, and posts. All of these allude to the installation or upgrade to Windows 10. However, I upgraded from Windows 7, 6 months ago. Up till now everything has been running great. Last night, after a week of begging me to allow the update to be installed, I allowed it. When the computer rebooted it came up fine. However, after about 6 hours, the keyboard just stopped responding... The mouse worked fine and I could click on links, just no typing. So I chose to shutdown and restart the computer. This time after watching the circling dots for a few seconds they stopped moving. After 20 minutes, I powered off the system and turned it back on. This is when I came to the famous "Choose your keyboard layout". Nothing I have tried will get me past this! Help!!!!!

Reaction score
I was also stuck in a reboot loop after installing Windows 10 as the accessibility upgrade. After trying all kinds of things listed here including pulling my hair out, I came across a suggestion to remove any wireless dongles. Upon checking, I found a Logitech USB dongle in the back of the computer. Pulling it out and doing a power button restart allowed the update to resume. I am now looking at a "working on updates 81% complete don't turn off your computer screen". I will update if it gets stuck again. Good luck!

Ok. I have read several old message, threads, and posts. All of these allude to the installation or upgrade to Windows 10. However, I upgraded from Windows 7, 6 months ago. Up till now everything has been running great. Last night, after a week of begging me to allow the update to be installed, I allowed it. When the computer rebooted it came up fine. However, after about 6 hours, the keyboard just stopped responding... The mouse worked fine and I could click on links, just no typing. So I chose to shutdown and restart the computer. This time after watching the circling dots for a few seconds they stopped moving. After 20 minutes, I powered off the system and turned it back on. This is when I came to the famous "Choose your keyboard layout". Nothing I have tried will get me past this! Help!!!!!

Ask a Question