Tranfer a bootable cd to a bootable flash drive

Reaction score
I have a system backup app on a bootable cd. I also have a bootable flash drive formatted to fat32. How can I transfer this app so that I can boot it from the flash drive?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have a system backup app on a bootable cd
Which "app" is it.
Most of the top tier backup software that also produces bootable rescue media, support creating that media on both a CD/DVD and a USB thumb drive.
At least that has been my experience.

Reaction score
Most of the top tier backup software that also produces bootable rescue media, support creating that media on both a CD/DVD and a USB thumb drive.
True. That's been a change in the last few years where programs have to recognize that computers, especially Notebooks and Tablets, don't come with a CD/DVD drive and alternate methods have to be employed. Older programs that do such things would need updating or upgrading. I haven't needed to try it but have seen mentioned that once a USB Thumb drive has been made bootable the next step would be to Mount an ODD the copy the data to the Thumb drive.

Ask a Question