Web pages not responsive

Reaction score
Hi,

In the past two weeks, I am having issues with viewing web pages with Edge and Chrome. When I key in the web page details, these web browsers take me to the relevant web page but does not allow to view the web page and become unresponsive and gets crashed. There are 3 laptops in the family and all three laptops having the same problem. When we use the tablets with Android OS or i-pads we have no issues with viewing the web pages. Therefore, I believe that it’s not an internet issue. All three laptops runs on Windows 10. I have re-installed windows on all three laptops and this problem is still on going. Is this an issue with other Windows 10 users too? or something I need check on my PC's

Appreciate if someone can please help me with this issue ?

Reaction score
For the past week or so I have had a problem with google chrome on my Lenovo laptop. Every time it's frozen up, I couldn't re-open the browser and If I tried to open another browser, say Firefox, that too wouldn't open. I don't know how this would have been connect to this part but at one point I couldn't open anything on my desktop either.
I too have re-installed Windows 10, removing and reinstalling chrome along the way but getting no where fast. After having to restart the laptop and opening the google browser, it would always ask me to restore, although I have no idea what it was restoring, sometimes it would then work but most of the time it would freeze.
I'm not a computer geek and have tried everything I know and more but nothing seems to have helped except removing google chrome completely and using Microsoft Edge... Fingers crossed this problem has stopped the browsers from freezing up but only time will tell....

Reaction score
Hi,

In the past two weeks, I am having issues with viewing web pages with Edge and Chrome. When I key in the web page details, these web browsers take me to the relevant web page but does not allow to view the web page and become unresponsive and gets crashed. There are 3 laptops in the family and all three laptops having the same problem. When we use the tablets with Android OS or i-pads we have no issues with viewing the web pages. Therefore, I believe that it’s not an internet issue. All three laptops runs on Windows 10. I have re-installed windows on all three laptops and this problem is still on going. Is this an issue with other Windows 10 users too? or something I need check on my PC's

Appreciate if someone can please help me with this issue ?

I am having the same issue. I have been on the phone with Dell and since their "fix" didn't wok, they sent me instructions on how to reinstall win 10. I am not going to do that alone! I will take my laptop to Staples tomorrow so they can run a diagnostic to rule out a virus and before win 10 is reinstalled. A Dell tech will have to guide me if I have to do that.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

Reaction score
If I may, what Ant-Virus/Anti-Spyware Vendor/Security Application are you running?
While upon installation of your security software, it should disable *Windows Defender*. Unlike prior versions such as Windows 7/8/8.1 WD is not compatible, as it contains Anti-Virus capabilities as well.

The rule of thumb,if you will that 'Running 2 Anti-Virus applications with the Realtime scanning module on,can and will cause conflicts/clashes/crashes'

Reaction score
If I may, what Ant-Virus/Anti-Spyware Vendor/Security Application are you running?
While upon installation of your security software, it should disable *Windows Defender*. Unlike prior versions such as Windows 7/8/8.1 WD is not compatible, as it contains Anti-Virus capabilities as well.

The rule of thumb,if you will that 'Running 2 Anti-Virus applications with the Realtime scanning module on,can and will cause conflicts/clashes/crashes'
I just purchased my laptop in September 2016. McAfee is what I use.

Reaction score
I purchased my Dell laptop in September 2016 and McAfee is what I use. I am thinking about calling Dell to see if they can remotely check for a virus. I really don't want to reinstall Windows when that might not be the problem. Last night I could not run McAfee again because I couldn't even get it to open. I was unable to get to any websites even for a minute. I'm not a happy camper. I sell on ebay and am shut down til I get this fixed. Thank you for replying.

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. May I kindly suggest that you read these threads,as it does indeed seem as though you are experiencing the same issues/Memory leak/high CPU usage.

Analytics SDK - Crashing Browser??
As I stated in that discussion,there is a *Emergency Fix* that is being throttled out 'World-wide' at the rate of 50k per day.

If you purchased your subscription directly from McAfee (AFFID 0) you will be receiving it in short order. All 3rd party providers will be slightly delayed, due to no fault on McAfee's part. They determine when it is installed.

I hope this was helpful.. There is a temporary *Work-Around* I inserted at the very beginning of that discussion. https://community.mcafee.com/thread/97010

All the best
CD

Reaction score
The following will be present after the Fix/Update occurs;

Customer said;
"I too received the update last night:"

AnalyticsSDK is turned back on (I presume by the install) and everything appears to be running smoothly, straight and normal.

Last edited:

Ask a Question