SOLVED What Does This Mean, And How Do I fix This?

Reaction score
I tried to pay something on eBay, and when I went to pay, I got this message:

As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:
  • You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser.
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running.
I'm not running either of those programs. I paid for something on eBay two days ago, and I had no problem. I have made no changes to my system, and I have downloaded nothing. ZERO. I checked Task Manager to see if either of those programs were running, but I see neither. I did NOT see Javascript running. I understand that Java is part of Win 10. I didn't delete it.

My browser is is Firefox 20Million. Could I have gotten an "upgrade" that created this mess?

I cleared my cookies, flushed my DNS cache (it seemed like a good idea, I don't know why), then I restarted my computer. I signed back on to eBay and tried to pay again.

No joy.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix this mystery?

Reaction score
Looks like you have taken all the necessary steps. Without knowing for sure. I would say eBay has done something to cause this.

I came across this. eBay has a Bot problem. They likely did something to their sites code in an effort to battle against Bots.

Reaction score
I got it fixed shortly after I restarted my computer for the fifth or sixth time. I though I marked the thread as fixed. But it's interesting to know that there's an eBay bot on the loose. How do you know that it was a bot? Did you lose the auction then see the item relisted? That may be a seller that's not satisfied with the winning bid.

Ask a Question