Who's Listening

Reaction score
I just checked and the Moderators and more knowledgeable members have left the room (they do that sometimes), So you will all have to wait a bit for answers to your technical queries. I know a few big words but that will not solve your issues. Have patience, they will be back soon I am sure.

I monitor "Recent Activity" which is where I can view who is currently on line here if you were curious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those guys/gals are missing in action (MIA). I sure hope they come back soon. I was getting used to them being online 24/7 but that is a little much to ask. In their absence we can get away with anything but their is something called Payback and it can be harsh so we should probably mind our P's and Q's.

They are gonna have their work cut out for them when they all get up from their nap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully, the moderators are mature enough not to resort to any kind of "payback" Are you speaking from your own experience? Do you have a problem that needs solving?
Also bear in mind the difference in time zones. I am not a moderator but, I see a majority of users are on the other side of the pond, from where I live. This means that, by the time I awake and look in the forum, most members are going to bed, with problems resolved.
Not sure if this is applicable in your case, as you have chosen the option not to show a full profile.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There are a handful of moderators/admins on the site, based across all sorts of time zones - but it's highly unlike that there will always be one of us online. We're not the only ones here to answer questions (there are plenty of very knowledgeable non staff members), but we're here to check the forum for problems and fix anything if it goes awry. It's something we voluntarily do because we enjoy helping others, not an obligation to always be online giving free advice to the best of our ability. :)

I'm sure you were only joking about the payback part, but I can assure you that isn't something that is on the cards - we're here to make sure things like that don't happen!

Reaction score
(there are plenty of very knowledgeable non staff members),
I posted the Whos Listening thread to simply mark the unusual event of so few if any of these members (besides myself) being on line for hours yesterday from about 3 PM Eastern time till after 8 PM Eastern time. Their presence is usually very obvious as they constantly field questions with great vigor.

Reaction score
Hopefully, the moderators are mature enough not to resort to any kind of "payback" Are you speaking from your own experience? Do you have a problem that needs solving?
Also bear in mind the difference in time zones. I am not a moderator but, I see a majority of users are on the other side of the pond, from where I live. This means that, by the time I awake and look in the forum, most members are going to bed, with problems resolved.

I did not mean to offend you but obviously I did. I apologize.

Reaction score
Not offended. I was only being defensive on the part of those to which you referred.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Great thread.
Nice to have been missed. :)
As Ian has said, staff members are basically here to police the forum, listen / watch for complaints and problems and see that they are attended to in a timely manner (hopefully).
We've managed to build a pretty good community here, in a relatively short time, comprised of many members who take the time and make the effort to respond to posts and attempt to help.
The staff doesn't have anything to do with that, and cannot take credit for it, it has been all the members who have contributed.
Sometimes even a simple "Me Too" can serve a purpose, so.......
Thanks to everyone whos' made that effort and sacrificed there time to offer any contribution.

Reaction score
The occasional like can also help in motivating others as well as keeping them motivated. If you see a post that makes you laugh or that you strongly agree with, let them know and like their comment.

Ask a Question