SOLVED Win 10 upgrade lost print driver for Canon Pixma Pro9000

Reaction score
Well, I had one more thought and it worked. If anyone else has this problem, mine was solved by finding the Canon driver set for the PIXMA Pro9000 in Windows 8.1 (x64) environment. The driver is version 2.23 named: pro9000vst64223ej.exe and can be found here: www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9000#DriversAndSoftware

Be sure to turn the printer off before installation; when the printer is turned back on again the new driver set will first uninstall whatever is residual from the WIN 10 installation and then install the new set. WIN 8.1 is not WIN 10 but it seems to work fine. I have been running print tests for the past hour and can confirm that the lost ICC codes are now returned and the print colors are correct.
Thank you so much!!! It worked!

Reaction score
I use the Canon Pixma-Pro9000 printer in my small business where perfect color matching is absolutely required. The printer is in perfect working condition. After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 the Canon print driver (PT-101 for the high-end Pro Platinum paper) is no longer listed though others are still there, though they do not print color correctly with their matched papers.

My workflow for perfect color reproduction has always been this: scrupulous software matching in Photoshop (CC-2015) with calibration of monitor and using the correct print driver. Photoshop (CC-2015) is set to manage printing, the Pixma Pro9000 printer does no color management, I select the correct print driver for the Pro Platinum paper (PT-101), and the output is a perfect color match.

After installing Win 10 I had a Windows message that no print drivers are required for the Pixma Pro9000. The handful of remaining driver choices are totally unsatisfactory (muddy, off-colors), I've communicated with Canon who tells me the PT-101 driver is probably still there but that Windows 10 cannot communicate with it; also that "There are no drivers available for the Pro9000 that support the Windows 10 operating system. Canon will not be releasing updated drivers for this printer." Choosing another paper is not an option for many reasons; neither is replacing a very expensive printer that worked fine prior to Win 10. In tests with papers that do match one of the remaining print drivers, the colors are still wrong. There is no error code as Win 10 seems to think that everything is working fine.

I've explored every option I can think of and am really stuck. I need help to restore that PT-101 driver. It's hard to go from a perfect workflow in Win 7 to nothing I'd be proud to show in Win 10. Please help me.

Reaction score
Worked for me too, on a hot new Falcon NW machine. I keep an old Windows 7 machine around (not connected to internet) for this kind of problem, but it's nice not to have to juggle multiple PC's.

Reaction score
I used a Synology NAS with version 6.2 on it. Plug the printer into the NAS. Install the driver on windows 10 with port set to TCP/IP

Ask a Question