Windows 10 Factory Reset

Reaction score
Search for "Factory Reset". You will get Settings > Reset this PC. This will explain what would happen.

Reaction score
Did your system come with Win 10 pre-installed? If not, what path did you take to get to Win 10?

Reaction score
So this has happened?

Attachments

• ggggg.png
    ggggg.png
    45 KB · Views: 647
Reaction score
The reason I asked about Win 8 was a Factory Restore in Windows 8 could mean your system being returned to its factory condition. Once you upgraded to Win 10, you lost that capability.

What happens now is as was suggested and is explained in the verbiage related to each option. But a Reset needs some type of image to access for the Reset. The way upgrades and updates are being handled, I am not sure exactly what image the Reset looks for.

I would think if you had made a Recovery Drive and copied over the system files a Reset would look at the image created on that drive. Currently I have one system which can create a Recovery drive and one which cannot.

If your system is not current the Reset may not be able to find an image to use. If you open a Run box and type winver and run the command it will tell you exactly which build and version you have. I do not know if having just the same build is good enough or if you need the correct version also.

So let us know what version you are currently running and what media the Reset may have available.

Ask a Question