Windows 10 Insider Preview substantially fixed

Reaction score
Another test build of Windows 10 Insider Preview has been released. Developers are still engaged in the elimination of errors in anticipation of the update of Fall Creators Update, so the new features build 16288 does not contain, but contains many fixes.

7d3e8fd953f5.jpg

Moreover, even after the release of this assembly, there was a serious error that prevented its installation on some computers. To solve this problem, Microsoft has released several versions of the patched build, which will soon be available for installation to anyone who has experienced difficulties with the upgrade.

Among the bugs fixed in version 16288 are the incorrect behavior of the alphabetical list in the Start menu, a continuous stream of notifications of events that occurred while the computer was locked, errors in the operation of the touch keyboard, numerous problems in Microsoft Edge and much more : the entire assembly has 36 documented patches.

Reaction score
I have Version 1709 Build 16299.0 on one IP computer and Version 1709 Build 16296.0 on the other which is just now updating to Build 16299 [had been off for a couple of days]. Haven't had any problems updating but for the slowness of the Internet [only have 5Mbps].

Reaction score
Maybe a moderator could move this thread to the insider section, before I get even more confused than my norm?

Reaction score
Version 1703 Build 15063.632 is not an Insider Preview [test/BETA] version, it is the RTM/Released version. I'm having no trouble at all with it, but then that doesn't speak to possible issues that may arise with third-party programs I have installed. The Insider Preview is a new Version 1709 Build 16299.0.

Reaction score
It's hard to tell, depends upon when the computer was assembled and how long it has been on the shelf. If the builder is using the MCT/Media Creation Tool most likely it will be Version 1703 Build 15063.0, last few times I needed that was what I got, last time was about 10 days ago. But it could be Version 1607 or 1511. It should not be the first release, Version 1507. The numbers mean year and month of release.

The bottom line for an OEM version is that it seldom gets updated prior to shipment.

Ask a Question