Windows "10" Problems Solved

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, and was wanting some info concerning windows 10 Pro.....When Windows 10 1st came out I had previously signed up for a free down load and install version. They did install the free version, on my 64 bit 8gb ram PC. I had nothing but problems to the tune of having to take it to a local PC repair shop. They said it had many problems, and removed the new win 10 down load, and reinstalled Win 7.......The repair Center advised me to wait for several months until they (Microsoft) worked out their problems.......That's been well over a year, and was wondering if it would be the right time to proceed to now purchase this program, enlieu of something free, as I've never, ever gotten anything for nothing!........Thanks for any help, suggestions and guidance that you folks could share.....One other thing, would the Win 10 Pro be a better purchase than a Home/Student version?????.......................Thanks again Brandy!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
IF we are talking about the same computer and on that computer you had installed and activated Windows 10 at some point in its' history, then you don't have to purchase it again as you can just download the current install files and upgrade again to Windows 10 or perform a clean custom install.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()

As to whether or not "it would be the right time", my personal thoughts are yes, but......
While Windows 10 seems to be very stable and dependable as an Operating System, there are multiple considerations regarding.....
Hardware, peripherals as well as software.
In some instances you might find that either of these three considerations makes Windows 10, less than optimal for your particular and likely very unique circumstances.

However you decide to proceed, I would strongly suggest that you create a current disk image of your hard drive(s), so that if, at some point in the future you decide that Windows 10 is not right for you then you will be able to revert your computer to its' current state without the need to take it in for repair.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
Trouble basically said it all. I would recommend to get a different HDD for the Windows 10 installation. That way you do not have to inherit the bad and the ugly of Windows 7 by just upgrading it. Furthermore it will keep your Windows 7 installation intact and you can easily swap out the drives and be back on Windows 7 if you still do not like Windows 10.
Since your computer is already registered with a digital license (as a result of the free upgrade) you just need the ISO downloaded and burned on a DVD or make a USB stick using the Media creation tool (thats how I do it).
All you have to do afterwards is install the latest Cumulative update and you are good to go.
As a note: you can install Windows 10 only in the same version you had as windows 7, meaning windows 7 pro and ultimate result in windows 10 pro, while windows 7 home,starter and student result in windows 10 home!!

Ask a Question