Windows 10 Time Zone keeps changing automatically?

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a user in an enterprise environment, her Laptop LATITUDE 5490, I5-8350, QC 1.7GHZ PROC 8GB MEM, 256GB SSD her time zone changes automatically.

She is on the East Coast and her time is synchronizing with our corp time server in Texas. I have tried resetting manually, I have set the bios time, changed the Cmos battery on motherboard, it will stay for an hour or so then will change back without rebooting.

The Windows time service is started and set to Automatic, I have stopped, Unregistered, Registered and started time service and still no change?

I am hoping someone has seen this before and has a fix as I am at a loss.

Regards,

Neil Jones

Reaction score
Might look in Control Panel, Date and Time, some other settings. As I recall there used to be a way to set the time to coordinate with a Network or Domain Server but it's been a few years. I like having 2 times on the Notification Area when hovering over the time, local and GMT/UTC [worked with it for over 30 years].

1611295153684.png

Reaction score
I have the same issue here on a MS Surface Pro W10. Keeps changing the timezone. I have seen many entries but no answer or solution. Frustrating...

Ask a Question