SOLVED Windows Image restore issue

Reaction score
Hello all!

Using an older image I was going to restore from it. What if Format and Repartition disks is greyed out with a check and only system is checked. I can't uncheck the Format and Repartition. I have a D: partition for data and I don't want to lose it. Laptop crashed and I can only get to a cmd prompt via the Repair option. All attempts to refresh/restore have failed. It's a Toshiba P55-A5200.Will I lose D: since it can't be unchecked?

PS - This was an 8.1 upgraded to 10

Reaction score
Similar/identical issue with mine with the laptop crash, sorry that's not much help. Have a look at my thread see if you can access your recovery drive from the prompt.

Then try attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* on the recovery drive (for example mine is e:\ )so i typed at the root the command above as

e:\attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*

This will then unhide anything on that drive, and prove it is at least there. Its a step in the right direction, but im also waiting for the what next on this one.

Ask a Question